Monday, April 14, 2008

Mainland Trip Part 3 - Ohio

Off to Youngstown, Ohio we ventured for some good family time. This was the focal point of our trip. I got to meet the lovely Ruth Birskovich, Gabe's grandmother and an incredible lady to say the least. Grandma showed us the most wonderful hospitality. We visited a couple of local museums, my favorite was the Looney Toons exhibit at the Butler Institute of American Art. At Gabe's insistence we made sure to visit a true Italian Deli, Jimmy's, were we stocked up on meats and cheeses, roasted peppers and marinated olives, cheesecake and cannoli, what a feast! I got to meet Gabe's Aunt Noni, and his cousin Teri with his daughters Karen and Kristen. Grandma even honored me by helping with my wedding dress shopping at a local David's Bridal. It was so nice to meet everyone and we had a wonderful time. Next time I think we will try to visit during warmer months!



Hanging with the Penguin outside the Butler



A cool mirror at the museum



BURRR, Gabe was mad because I refused to participate in a snowball fight. It just wouldn't be fair, he would kick my butt! I did end up starting a small one in our room though ;)






Thank you Grandma for a wonderful visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment